Families & Schools are Partners
I need the grown-ups in my family, school and community to work together.
- See starting school as a big event for all of us! We each have our own ideas and worries.
- Ask me about my thoughts. I may want to know:
• How high do I have to count?
• Do I have to write my name?
• What are the rules at school?
• Will I have new friends at school?
- Talk with others about your feelings. You may want to know:
• How easy will it be to say goodbye
and let me join my group at school?
• Will I fit in and learn well here?
• Will the teacher see how special
- Ask teachers about their thoughts. They may want to know
• How well do I do in a group with other kids and few adults?
• Do I know how to get help when I need it and work on my own when I need to?
• Can I share the teacher's attention?
• Am I learning to follow directions and cooperate?: