How I Learn
I need to be excited about learning.
- Encourage me to explore with my senses- to see, touch, smell, hear and taste my world.
- Give me fun, exciting choices.
- Give me lots of time to figure things out.
I need to learn to try things and keep trying even when it seems hard.
- Give me activities that hold my interest.
- Help me explore and try new activities
- Help me learn step by step.
- Teach me that making mistakes is part of learning.
- Show me different ways to understand my world.
I need many ways to express myself.
- Help me dance, sing, whistle, play instruments, paint, draw, color, build, invent, and make believe.
- Help me care about others and help them, too.
- Help me notice and talk about flowers, trees, animals, clouds, sky and water.
I need to feel good about my family and culture, and to learn about other cultures.
- Show me books and pictures of people who look like me.
- Show me books and pictures of people from other cultures.
- Sing songs and tell me stories from my culture and from other cultures.
- Use the language(s) I know to help me understand and learn.
- Take me to places that teach me about my culture and other cultures.