Keep Me Safe & Healthy
I need to be safe and feel safe.
- Help me practice saying my name, address and phone number in my home language and in English
- Teach me about watching for cars and not talking to strangers.
- Teach me who to ask for help when I need it.
I need to have bathroom and self-help skills.
- Teach me the words to tell other grown-ups when I need to go to the bathroom, or when I am feeling sick or hurt.
- Help me practice going to the bathroom, washing my hands, dressing, and tying my shoes.
- Encourage me to try things I've learned before I ask my teacher for help.
I need to be able to use my hands and fingers to do small tasks.
- Help me learn to pick up, hold and use pencils, crayons, markers, paintbrushes and scissors.
- Help me make things with blocks, paper, cardboard and tape.
I need to be able to use my arms, legs and body to make big movements.
- Encourage me to run, jump, climb, dance and move to music, as I am able.
- Give me time each day to play outdoors.
I need to have my basic needs met before I come to school each day.
- Make sure I am fed, rested and dressed for the weather.
- Find out who can help my family with getting what I need to be ready for school.