Using Words & Numbers
I need to be familiar with words and books.
- Teach me new words.
- Show me words and symbols in my language and the sounds they make.
- Read to me. Take me to the library. Bring me books and magazines.
- Ask me questions about stories to help me understand their meaning.
- Sing songs and teach me rhymes.
I need to know shapes, sizes and colors.
- Give me things to sort by shape, size and color.
- Help me find and name shapes and colors all around me.
I need to learn to count and understand that numbers have meaning.
- Help me play counting games.
- Let me count things at home and in my community.
- Show me how numbers are used around me.